Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Trying to Let It Go Tuesday

Ok - I'm in the process of getting a graphic created, but I'm going to start a new Tuesday Post - or Meme as they are called in the Blogosphere. . .

How often as Moms do we get frustrated over things that we can't change or for one reason or another, aren't going to change. Quite often - and maybe more than we would like to admit! And how often do you say to your self, or one of your Mommy friends to just "let it go?". I know - I do it alot.

So, here it is fellow Mommies - Tuesday is our Trying to Let it Go Day!! We make no promises here - only heartfelt attempts and most of all, validation that you get it!

If you too want to join in our Trying to Let It Go Tuesday, you can fill in the Mr. Linky below. . .

1. My daughter is adamant about growing her bangs out - yet rarely wears clips or a headband in her head for more than an hour or two. I can't stand how hair hair hangs and covers her adorable face. . ..as my hubby and daughter try to tell me, its her hair. . .trying to let it go.


2. I eat too much and too often. . .instead of obsessing about it, I'm trying a new tactic. Trying to let it go. . .


3. Sometimes I get disappointed when my friends let me down and don't meet my expectations. . .maybe its not fair of me. . .so trying to let those go too.


4. I think my daughter is rebelling against all those cutesy matching outfits I put her in when she was younger and didn't have an opinion or voice. She now thinks an "outfit" (i.e. a matching top and bottom you buy together) is hideous and shouldn't be worn together. She is a big fan of stripes and polka dots. . .yes, worn together. Trying to let it go. . .


5. Allie is officially the staller of bedtime, unless she is drop dead tired. Since she gave up her pacies, she comes out of her room anywhere between 1 - 10x per night for something or other. Therefore, unless she is drop dead tired, she rarely actually gets to sleep until somewhere between 9 - 9:30 and for a 6 year old, I think that is too late. And she gets up anywhere between 6:30 - 7:15. But she wakes up happy and perky and 99% of the time there is no indication that she needs more sleep. . .other than just common sense telling me that. So, I have a new approach - I know she is going to come out and instead of trying to fight it each night, just accept it and work on . . .trying to let that go too!

6. They raised our gymnastics fee by $25/month with the intention of buying lots of new equipment for the girls. That was 3 months ago and so far we have seen nothing new. Allie loves loves loves gymnastics where we are. . .so trying to let this go too!





post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this could be very interesting! You'll have to remind me next Monday evening to get something together to post.

Letting go . . . often so very important yet so very hard to do.

Letting go - the fact Bridget, at 3 years and 2 months, adamantly refuses to poop on the potty and I can't seem to make her . . .

My Vision said...

I like what Lis said about the pooping on the potty. That's my current dilemma as well, additionally, my daughter is not liking preschool one bit. I'm not sure whether to disenroll her or let her keep trying it out.

Anonymous said...

I'll post to that (see my obsessiveness about my daughters breathing and awaking up each morning at GNMparents blog). I think I'll start this Tuesday with Trying to let go of this obsession!
http://gnmparents.com/make-it-stop/

Anonymous said...

Being obsessed about your children's hair and clothing will only bite you later. To many people it's called placing too much importance on the wrong things. Believe me, what are mommy's good intentions, turn out to be held against you when the kid gets older.