Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Moving Story about Infertility and Premature Birth

I just read a wonderful book - Tiny Toes: A Couple's Journey Through Infertility, Prematurity and Depression by Kelly K. Damron. It was easy to become immersed in Kelly's world and really "get" what she was sharing. While I didn't experience nearly the challenges that Kelly had to face, I did have fertility challenges and her book reminded me of so many of my feelings, fears and frustrations I felt when my husband and I were trying to get pregnant.

This book is a compelling and insightful look at Kelly & her husband's struggle with infertility and everything that goes along with it. You can't help but connect with the pain that Kelly goes through, as well as the joy. This is a truly an inside glimpse into Kelly's world and how she manages to ultimately survive and come out a champion - a champion for women, for moms, and for wives. From failed attempts at having a baby naturally to a variety of fertility tests to IVF and ultimately the birth of fraternal twin daughters that arrived 10 weeks early to a very delayed diagnosis or realization of depression. This is a must read for anyone who has faced fertility challenges as well as for someone who has a loved one or friend who is experiencing some sort of infertility.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind comments. Last night a group of resolved "infertiles" were talking about hospital stays, multiple gestation pregnancies, and in-laws. We can all relate to each others story and learn from one another too.